Seeing your little one takes their first tentative steps is a joy to behold. One of the most convenient and safe ways to ensure your toddler gets steady on their feet is by getting them a baby walker. While there are plenty of different brands and kinds of walkers available in the markets, you need to consider the safety features of the product before you buy it. In this blog, we review some of the best baby walkers available in the country in 2022 and examine both their pros and cons, to help you make an informed choice.
First, we look at a few safety aspects that need consideration before buying the walker:
- The child must always be under supervision when they use the walker.
- The area must be clean and with no objects or obstacles that can make the kid stumble or hurt their feet.
- Remove any items that may fall in the path of the baby when they use the walker.
- Keep the walker away from a staircase as the baby might attempt to climb the stairs.
- It should have a safe braking system and should be small enough to pass through doorways.
- The walker must be suited to the weight and height of the baby.
- Never use a walker that has any broken parts or sharp edges as it could hurt the child.
Sunbaby Butterfly Walker: A wonderfully colorful walker it is for babies between 06-24 months and has an adjustable height feature. It comes in different styles, designs, and colors to choose from and is easily foldable to help to save on storage space.
- Easy to assemble and lightweight (2.3 kgs)
- A padded breathable seat that is very comfortable
- A padded backrest adds to its safety
- Available in very attractive colors and prints
- Cleaning the walker is easy
- The wheels are fully 360 degrees rotational.
- Could have been sturdier in design
Luvlap Sunshine Baby Walker: With an attractive design this high-quality walker is for babies in the age group of 06-18 months. It can carry a load of up to 18 kg and is quite sturdy in design. It comes in orange, pink, green, and purple colors and is kid-friendly in design and use. It also has a stopper and a detachable cushioned seat making it easy to maintain.
- Attractive features like toys, lights, and music bar
- The height is adjustable
- Fully 360-degree rotational wheels
- The seat is washable
- Comes with a push-bar handle
- The frame could have been made more robust
- The stopper needs to function better
Panda Creation Adjustable Musical Walker: found in two colors red and pink this walker is just the right device to help your little one start walking. The frame is wide and it has ample space for toys to be kept to engage the baby. Made from environment-friendly material it is best for infants 9 months and older.
- Robust in design and stable
- Height can be adjusted and is foldable
- Has a built-in music feature for entertainment
- Comfortable seating with protective backrest
- With 8 wheels for added stability
- Missing a stopper
Baybee Smart Witty Baby Walker: Designed as per EU safety standards from top-quality material and a sturdy frame. A high cushioned back offers comfort and allows the baby to stand upright. Comes with a number of toys for entertainment and is well-suited for babies aged 6 to 24 months.
- Compact design
- Well U-shaped designed
- Full 360 degrees rotational wheels
- Adjustable height
- High cushioned backrest
- Very comfortable and good safety features
- Could be sturdier in design
Amardeep and Co. Baby Walker: Made from high-quality material and well-designed. It is attractive in design, with eight wheels for stability and well-cushioned back support. With no sharp corners, it is ideal for young children. It is available in two colors.
- Comfortable wide seating
- Musical with lights and rattles to entertain the kids
- Easy to store as it is foldable
- Measurements 60x40x38cm
- Good stability with 8 wheels
- May not be appropriate for babies over 8 months
Mee Mee Premium 3-in-1 Walker with Rocker: A trio that can be used as a walker, rocker, and push walker made to a high standard. The baby can stand, sit or walk comfortably and is made of high-grade materials. It comes with a comfortable cushioned seat, a height that can be adjusted and is available in many bright and catchy colors.
- Adjustable seating
- Sturdy build
- Well designed with a removable bar
- Has a variety of toys
- Full rotational wheels
- Has a section for feeding
- May be small in size for some babies
Dash Classic Baby Walker: Made from high-grade plastic it offers good stability and comfort. Comes with a full backrest and safety pads. Full rotational wheels make it easy to move in any direction. Ideal for those with limited storage space as is fully foldable and easy to store. Available in green, blue, and red colors.
- Very comfortable with safety features
- Easily adjustable height
- Compact in design and sturdy in build
- Has 6 wheels for stability
- Comes with toys and rattles
- Missing a stopper feature
R for Rabbit Ringa Ringa Rocking Baby Walker: A well-designed walker that prevents the baby from having a fall it can also be used as a rocker. With a leg rest, it conforms to EU standards and is perfect for babies in the age groups of 06 to 18 months. Can bear a weight of up to 15kg and makes it easy for the baby to walk around comfortably at home. Since it is foldable it becomes easy to store in homes with limited space.
- Fully adjustable height
- Comes with brake pads and comfortable seating
- Has an easy-to-remove toy tray
- Meets safety and comfort requirements
- Fully rotational wheels
- Easy to store as foldable
- Could have had a more robust design
Good luck to Baybee Round Baby Walker: A top-notch, round-shaped walker its design is attractive and it meets EU safety standards. It comes with an assortment of toys at the front to keep the Lil one engaged for a long and has a long push handle to wheel the walker. Since it is easy to fold it becomes easy to store in homes with limited space. It also has a feeding tray in case the baby feels like a bite or two while prancing about.
- Has a detachable mat and padded seat for comfort
- Dual purpose as can serve as a rocker
- Easy to move around with fully rotational wheels
- Comes with music and toys and a washable seat
- Toys could be more durable
JoyRide Musical Baby Walker: A walker that offers comfort and fun for the little one. There are a set of fun toys at the front and a nice cushioned seat for comfort. Safety measures include a brake mechanism to stop the walker safely and a sturdy frame. Assembling the walker is easy and convenient as it comes with an instruction manual.
- Good quality plastic used with a high-grade finish
- The seat is detachable and can be washed
- Toys and rattles can be removed
- Sturdy wheels that function smoothly
- Adjustable height with a push handle
- Can be awkward for a tall baby
Baybee Baby Walker: Build with a U-shape design it is perfect for babies in the age group of 06 to 24 months. It is both washable and can be easily folded for homes with limited storage space. The height is adjustable and being lightweight makes it convenient to carry. Overall a good product if you intend to take it on trips with the family.
- Good stability and support
- Can take up to 15 kgs weight
- Helps the baby to maintain an upright posture
- The toys and tray are colorful
- Easy and compact to store
- The braking mechanism could be better